test failed (installing error) Mac OSX

From: nikolai zinke
Subject: test failed (installing error) Mac OSX
Date: Sun, 23 Nov 2003 22:50:36 +0100

Hello,

I guess you've become many dummy questions like these, but your interface lilypond
seems to be reaally amazing, so I must insist of getting help with installing and - hopefully -
running!

I'm using Mac OSX 10.2.8 and have Developer tools installed
I unpacked Fink (latest version) and installed it;
then I ran the Terminal and tried to install lilypond by typing:

"fink install lilypond-unstable",

but does'nt work, so I typed
only:

"fink install lilypond"

then many installing routines happened,
with updating, compiling etc.

But there was an error while installing
after installing:

Terminal showed:

- found apple library
- found /usr/X11R6/bin/xterm
- found /usr/X11R6/bin/xrdb
- found /usr/X11R6/bin/rman
- missing /usr/X11R6/lib/libX11.dylib
- missing /usr/X11R6/lib/libXpm.dylib
- missing /usr/X11R6/lib/libXaw.dylib
- missing /usr/X11R6/include/X11/Xlib.h
- Apple X11 SDK is missing

** ERROR! **
It appears you have a partially-installed version of the Apple X11
release. To use Apple's X11 with Fink, you must download both the
main X11 installer, as well as the SDK (there are actually 2 separate
downloads for the Apple X11 release). Please go to
http://www.apple.com/macosx/x11/ and download and install the missing
files, and re-attempt your install of system-xfree86.

dpkg: error processing /sw/fink/dists/stable/main/binary-darwin-powerpc/x11-system/system-xfree86_4.2-13_darwin-powerpc.deb (--install):
subprocess pre-installation script returned error exit status 1

/sw/fink/dists/stable/main/binary-darwin-powerpc/x11-system/system-xfree86_4.2-13_darwin-powerpc.deb
### execution of dpkg failed, exit code 1
Failed: can't install package system-xfree86-4.2-13

Nevertheless I tried to run lilypond:
I typed "lilyPond --help"

but :
lilyPond: Command not found.

I wonder if you could help me!
(Perhaps I do what Terminal says and re-install my X11-System first, but is it enough for correct working ????)

Thanks a lot for response,

best regards,

Nikolai Zinke