forced line break in header?

From: Stan Sanderson
Subject: forced line break in header?
Date: Sun, 7 Dec 2003 17:13:16 -0600

I would like to control where the line breaks in a header entry. Specifically, as below:

composer = "Adapted from a familiar melody by John Doe"

so the output would be (right justified)

Adapted from a familiar melody
                                by John Doe

Can a carriage return/line feed be embedded?

A related question is how umlauts, e.g.,  are placed within header text.

I would be grateful for any suggestions.

Stan