Pedalling in ``Bracket Mode''

From: Alan Robert Clark
Subject: Pedalling in ``Bracket Mode''
Date: Fri, 12 Dec 2003 14:15:37 +0200 (SAST)

Hi All

I am having difficulty in following the syntax required in pedalling
information.

I have followed the manual's recommendations, but am probably messing up
big time :-(

(I am not familiar with Scheme, just C++, Java, LaTeX, pic etc.)

Can anyone help me to get the bracketing correct in the first line of
``Silent Night'', attached below the .sig?, or point me to the righ place
in the manual?

Many Thanks
Alan

--
Alan Robert Clark, Pr Eng     Computational Electromagnetics
Associate Professor                 Wits University

\header {
  title = "Silent Night"
  composer = "Traditional"
  tagline = "Typeset by Alan Robert Clark (address@hidden)  using GNU LilyPond
\LilyPondVersion."
}

melody = \notes \relative c'' {
  g4.-2 \sustainDown () a8 g4 |  e2. \sustainUp \sustainDown
  | g4. \sustainUp\sustainDown () a8 g4 | e2.\sustainUp\sustainDown
  | d'2-4 \sustainUp\sustainDown d4 | b2. \sustainUp |
}

text = \lyrics {
  Si -- lent Night! Ho -- ly night! All is calm,
}

accompaniment = \chords {
  c2. c c c g g
}

\score {
  {
    \simultaneous{
      \time 3/4
      \context ChordNames {
        \property ChordNames.chordChanges = ##t
        \accompaniment
      }
    \addlyrics
      \context Staff {
        \property Staff.automaticMelismata = ##t
        \property Staff.SustainPedal \override #'pedal-type = #'bracket
        \melody
      }
      \context Lyrics \text
  \paper { \translator { \EasyNotation } }
  \midi{\tempo 4=120}