Re: can a group of notes be assigned to a constant?

From: Paul Scott
Subject: Re: can a group of notes be assigned to a constant?
Date: Thu, 01 Jan 2004 13:00:29 -0700

chip wrote:

Can a group of notes, maybe the verse, be assigned to a constant? Then the chorus could be assigned to another constant. That would save re-typing all the same notes over several times. Just call the constant at the appropriate time. I thought I had seen this in the manual but now cannot find it. I'm gonna keep looking in the meantime.

a = \notes{ a4 b c d }   % a is a constant/macro

b = \notes{ d1 \a c1 \a } % b is another macro which also references a as \a

music = \notes{ \a \b c4 d e f } % music is either the final part or just another macro,etc/ % music references both b and a

\score{
  \nusic

The same thing can be done with chords or lyrics or whatever.

HTH

Paul Scott