Re: Lyrics question

From: Carol Kankelborg
Subject: Re: Lyrics question
Date: Fri, 9 Jan 2004 17:04:28 -0700

Carl,
For just a few measures of differing lyrics, I've used the \fatText tag. It is not elegant, but seems much easier than the extra lyric section. Here's an example from an arrangement of Winter Wonderland ("And pretend that he is Parson Brown") where the bass part sings
"Brown,  Oh, Parson" while the other parts hold "Brown."

 \fatText d4_\markup{"Brown,"}   \fatText cs4_\markup { "Oh," }
  \fatText b4_\markup { "Par-" }    \fatText a4_\markup { "son." }

\fatText keeps the notes aligned with each note.   The one problem I
encountered is that the words are not always vertically aligned. I don't understand the vertical alignment units/properties enough to know how to fix that. It was just one spot and I decided
to let it be "good enough" the way it was.

Carol