Re: More lyrics questions/comments (update)

From: Stan Sanderson
Subject: Re: More lyrics questions/comments (update)
Date: Sat, 10 Jan 2004 22:35:20 -0600

Sorry- I should have mentioned that I was using lilypond 2.1.6, installed through Fink on Mac OS 10.2.8, GCC 3.3 enabled. I've used a local tree and updated the info and patch files.

I just finished reinstalling 2.1.6 after a frustrating hour with 2.1.8. I was unable to produce melismas with consistency. Using the same form which appeared to produce melismas in one section resulted in blank space in others.

I would provide examples, but I needed a "working" version of lilypond. I realize it probably is something I've overlooked; perhaps the 2.1.8 version has different depends requirements.

When lilypond works, it is amazing.

Stan

I've used a combination of underline extenders (word__ ) and \skips. For example, to attach text to a measure consisting of a dotted half note followed by a quarter note (4/4 time), I might use "man4.__ _8 \skip4 I4" to obtain " man--------- I ".

Stan