Re: 2.1.17-1 (unstable) on Mac OS X 10.2.8

From: Stan Sanderson
Subject: Re: 2.1.17-1 (unstable) on Mac OS X 10.2.8
Date: Tue, 3 Feb 2004 21:40:31 -0600

(My apologies if this is a repost- I sent it early this afternoon but haven't seen the list copy) On Tuesday, February 3, 2004, at 10:30 AM, Kieren Richard MacMillan wrote:

Hello, all!

Just a note to say that I've got Lilypond 2.1.17-1 (unstable) running on Mac OS X 10.2.8. Thanks to the development team for all their hard work, and to Matthias Neeracher for doing the packaging.

If anyone is wondering how I did it, here are the instructions:

1. Update Fink to get the latest package information:
> fink selfupdate

2. See if Fink registered the change:
> fink list lilypond

If you don't see the newest version (2.1.17) listed:
2a. Copy Matthias's package files (lilypond-unstable.info and lilypond-unstable.patch) from /sw/fink/10.3/unstable/finkinfo/text/ to the correct directory tree (in my case it was /sw/fink/10.2/unstable/finkinfo/text/).

2b. Index Fink, to make sure it knows about the new information:
> fink index

Listing lilypond should now show the correct version number.

3. Update Lilypond:
> fink update lilypond-unstable

Note: I got a warning about db42-shlibs versions, so I edited the .info file and replaced all "db42" with "db41" (2 places), and everything worked fine after that.

Hope this helps!
Kieren.

Kieren, et. al.-

(Mac OS 10.2.8, Fink gcc3.3 unstable enabled)

The upgrade worked as above, except that
1. I used a /sw/fink/10.2-gcc3.3/local directory to discourage interference with future distributions, and 2. I left the db42-shlibs depends in place since it was already installed on my machine.

The convert-ly process has run smoothly so far and the results are noticeably nicer!

Thanks-

Stan