lilypond-user faq, documentation, and small issues

From: Todd M. Zimnoch
Subject: lilypond-user faq, documentation, and small issues
Date: Tue, 10 Feb 2004 11:55:33 -0500

        I'm new to this group, and while I've found the archives, I haven't
found a faq for this group.  Does one exist?

        I've waded through lilypond's documentation, mostly skimming, and one
area I haven't found that I would personally find most useful is a straight
listing of all properties.  e.g., a \header block has fields for piece,
copyright, title, subtitle, subsubtitle, opus, poet, head, pagenumber,
composer.... I don't imagine that's exhaustive, but I can't find an exhaustive
list. (item 6.1.1 in lilypond's documentation comes close)  Staves have their
own list of properties I'd like to know more about, e.g. instr, instrument.
Have I missed a resource or read too fast?

        My more immediate problems concern rehearsal marks and large scores
with separate parts printing.  Is there a way to set or define rehearsal marks
so they can be easily included with a \notes block?  I'm not enjoying editting
every \notes block to place rehearsal marks on every part and I'd like a way to
guarantee that the rehearsal marks are in exactly the same location for every
part.  :/

        Also, if the rehearsal mark appears at the begining of a staff it
prints over and behind the clef directly on top of the measure number
(easy-to-miss and hard-to-read) rather than above the key signature (standard
for sheet music I've played).  How can I move it?