[no subject]

From: Mitch Rothstein
Date: Tue, 2 Mar 2004 10:15:19 -0500

Hi,

I'm trying to install lilypond.     I entered

fink install lilypond-unstable

It went along well for awhile,   then gave me the following  messages:

You don't a valid teTeX installation; you were missing
/usr/local/teTeX/lib/libkpathsea.a /usr/local/teTeX/include/kpathsea/tex-file.h

Install the tetex-texmf and tetex-base packages instead,
or install teTeX manually from
http://www.uoregon.edu/~koch/texshop/texshop.html
and then retry installing the system-tetex package.

dpkg: error processing /sw/fink/dists/stable/main/binary-darwin-powerpc/text/system- tetex_20010808-12_darwin-powerpc.deb (--install):
 subprocess pre-installation script returned error exit status 1
/sw/fink/dists/stable/main/binary-darwin-powerpc/text/system- tetex_20010808-12_darwin-powerpc.deb
### execution of dpkg failed, exit code 1
Failed: can't install package system-tetex-20010808-12

I have a working version of TeXShop, so I do know that teTeX works fine. On the other hand, my /usr/local/teTex directory has no /lib subdirectory. Nor do I have anything called tex-file.h

I don't know if this matters, but after entering fink install lilypond-unstable I was asked to resolve some dependencies. Among these was

fink needs help picking an alternative to satisfy a virtual dependency. The
candidates:

(1)      tetex-base: Base programs for a teTeX installation
(2)      system-tetex: Placeholder package for manually installed teTeX
(3)      tetex-nox: Base programs for teTeX, with X11 disabled

Since I already had teTex, I chose [2]. I'm afraid to try [1], lest I screw something else up.

Thanks for your help.