\acciaccatura makes odd staff?

From: Doug Asherman
Subject: \acciaccatura makes odd staff?
Date: Fri, 05 Mar 2004 08:50:37 -0800

Hello:

My apologies if you've seen this before; I sent it a few days ago and haven't seen it in the digest.

I'm having a problem with the \acciaccatura when used as the first note of a measure in a PianoStaff. With the acciaccatura in, I get a treble staff that has a treble clef, key signature, time signature, the acciaccatura, a time signature, then the start of the regular notes.

In the bass staff, I get a treble clef, time signature, bass clef, key signature, then the start of the notes.

The lilypond source is attached below. Even comments like "You're doing something stupid -- check out http://www.etc.etc...."; would be welcome. Well, as long as they're relevant.

Thanks for any help.

Doug

Global = \notes { \time 2/4 \key g \major }

upperOne =
  \notes \relative c'' {
  \voiceOne
  \partial 8
  %% PROBLEM: The \acciaccatura seems to mess things up
  %\acciaccatura a'32 \stemDown g16\mf( fis32 g)
  % comment out the line above, uncomment the following line, no problem
  \stemDown g'16\mf( fis32 g)
}

lowerOne =
  \notes \relative c {