Re: output files

From: Mats Bengtsson
Subject: Re: output files
Date: Fri, 12 Mar 2004 11:34:41 +0100

It's easy to make a script that runs lilypond and then removes all the
files that are not necessary and renames .midi to mid. I have attached
one example. To run lilypond as a filter, use 'lilypond -', example:
cat file.ly | lilypond - > file.pdf

    /Mats

GoochRules! wrote:
Greetings,

Is there any way to specify what files lilypond should output? For instance, I want lilypond to only keep around .pdfs and .midis. Everything else should be deleted. Also, I'd like to be able to specify the names of these files, specifically, I want midi files to have the extension '.mid', as QuickTime refuses to recognize a file with .midi as a .mid file.

Currently I'm doing this all with a makefile, I was just wondering if there was support for it in lilypond. Really, I think of lilypond as a compiler that takes text input and produces binary output. It would make sense to me if lilypond was a tool chain that took input from stdin and wrote to stdout, piping to various processes along the way (that is, a preprocessor generates something like pcode and pipes it to a pdf renderer or a midi renderer, etc, the output of which can be piped to stdout, or perhaps a file).

Just some thoughts.

--M Peltzer

        Mats Bengtsson
        Signal Processing