bug or feature? headers with lilypond-book III

From: Roland Goretzki
Subject: bug or feature? headers with lilypond-book III
Date: Wed, 17 Mar 2004 23:32:17 +0100

Hi at all,

(lilypond version 2.1.28)
in my last E-Mail with this subject I said, that in a book-dokument with
many little scores the headers would appear to far above the scores (in
opposite to the same scores (*.ly), translated with lilypond -P to *.ps)

Now I found, that this is not quite correct:
Only on the first page containing scores the headers are to far above
the scores, on the following scores the headers are nearly[*] pretty
enough.
(And this is the same, if I have many text on the first page or if I
have an empty first page or if the first page by itself contains
scores.)

So I assume, that this could have the reason in a feature.
If so, what do I not see?

Otherwise, perhaps it is really a bug?

[*] For a solution to this problem the fact could be helpful, that the
    scores in the large document generated with *lilypond-book* in every
    case have larger vertical spaces than the same scores generated with
    *lilypond* (spaces between the staffs as spaces between the headers
    and the first staff).

Or is this problem known and solved in later versions of lilyond?

I hope, that someone can help me ... :)

Regards                         Roland