Re: Making Large-Print Music Again

From: Ferenc Wagner
Subject: Re: Making Large-Print Music Again
Date: Tue, 13 Apr 2004 10:57:08 +0200

Ruven Gottlieb <address@hidden> writes:

> Mats Bengtsson wrote:
>
>> Ferenc Wagner wrote:

>>> The TEXMF environmental variable is set in lilypond-profile
>>> or lilypond-login.  Change it to your liking.  Well, maybe
>>> setting TEXINPUTS to a directory of yours is enough.
>>
>> Yes, try setting TEXINPUTS to
>> your/own/directory:
>> Note the colon at the end, which tells TeX to look also in the
>> default paths (but first look in your own directory).
>
> OK, the 2.x manual says lilypond-profile and
> lilypond-login are located in buildscripts/out/ . Neither
> the Fedora Core 1 distribution nor the source dist contain
> these scripts or this directory. Are they created during
> make?

Yes.  Files in out and out-www directories are all
generated.  But packages should contain these; you found a
packaging mistake.

> ERROR: Please install required programs: echo no
> guile-config >= 1.6 (installed:)
>
> I have guile 1.6 installed.

You also need the guile-1.6-devel package (or similar, and
maybe lots of others) if you really want to compile LilyPond.

> I think the titling layout ought to be more accessible and
> configurable, optimally some sort of template that can be
> included or referenced on a per-score basis.

Have you considered using lilypond-book?  All the power of
TeX is at your service.
--
Feri.