Re: Piano

From: Yuval Harel
Subject: Re: Piano
Date: Wed, 05 May 2004 22:10:05 +0200

On Tue, 04 May 2004 14:24:57 +0200, Mats Bengtsson <address@hidden> wrote:

Just add the same padding on the TextScript object as on the
DynamicLineSpanner.

Thanks, that works perfectly - the "meno f" is exactly aligned with the other dynamics.

For an alternative solution, you could take a look at the template
file piano-dynamics.ly at
http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.2/input/template/out-www/collated-files.html

   /Mats

I tried using the template, and slightly changed the overrides, hoping to get the
markup inside the Dynamics context to behave like the rest of the dynamics:

%      \override TextScript #'font-size = #2
%      \override TextScript #'font-shape = #'italic
      \override DynamicText #'extra-offset = #'(0 . 2.5)
\override TextScript #'extra-offset = #'(0 . 2.5) % not in the original template
      \override Hairpin #'extra-offset = #'(0 . 2.5)

But for some reason, the markup is slightly higher than the dynamics.
I can fix this patchily, of course, but I'd prefer to understand what's going on.
Can anyone shed light on this?

Thanks,
        Yuval