feature request

From: Geoffrey Lassner
Subject: feature request
Date: Wed, 05 May 2004 20:47:31 -0600

This is most certainly a low priority request.  In classical guitar
music there is a notation that it used to represent which string a
note should be played on.  In most music that I have seen this is
represented by a number 1-6 with a circle around it.  Currently
I can use a box and with a little explaination most people
understand it:

fs^3_\markup { \box \column < 2 >}

(the number 3 above the F sharp would be the left hand fingering.)

Would it be possible to make it so that a circle also works in
\markup?

fs^3_\markup { \circle \column < 2 >}

Since we can use boxes for now this is definately a low priority
but it would certainly be a nice thing to have...

Also I am not on the mailing list so please CC me on any responses
to this.

Thanks,
Geoffrey