Cancelling Accidentals

From: Arthur Baum
Subject: Cancelling Accidentals
Date: Tue, 18 May 2004 03:52:26 -0400

I have Lilypond 2.2.0. Is there a way to change key signatures in the middle
of a piece (for example, from A major to E-flat major) without printing
cancelling naturals?

I just want three flats to be engraved at the start of the new bar, but all
I can get is three naturals followed by three flats. I saw Laura Conrad's
post of 16 Sep 2002, but the suggestions given there don't seem to be
working.

Is there a property we can set to turn off cancelling accidentals in the new
key signature? If not, this would be a useful feature. Are there any other
workarounds in the current version of Lilypond?

Thanks,

Art     =op