Re: Flat beams

From: Jim Sabatke
Subject: Re: Flat beams
Date: Thu, 27 May 2004 07:46:09 -0500

Jan Nieuwenhuizen wrote:
Jim Sabatke writes:

Bagpipers are used to reading music with flat beams. The stems should
be long, enough to not interfere with the clutter of grace notes.

I've done a lot of web research on beams, and various kinds of
"concaveness" seem to be something what I'm looking for.

I'm not sure what value(s) to set, and how to set them.

Can anyone help?

Have a look at slope-limit (maybe damping)

http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.2/Documentation/user/out-www/lilypond-internals/Beam.html#Beam

(Documentation, program-reference, backend, layout objects (grobs), beam)

I had found that document during my initial search for a solution, however, I have no idea how to use the functions or set the variables. I couldn't find any examples; I searched the web, mail lists and my installed documents and examply ly files.

For example:  How does one set "slope-limit"?

Sorry for being such a newbie to this program.
--
Jim Sabatke
Hire Me!! - See my resume at http://my.execpc.com/~jsabatke

Do not meddle in the affairs of Dragons, for you are crunchy and good with ketchup.