Lilypond install on Windows XP

From: Brian Gainor
Subject: Lilypond install on Windows XP
Date: Wed, 2 Jun 2004 19:23:29 -0700 (PDT)

Hello,

I attempted to install Lilypond on Windows XP.  The
Cygwin installation seemed to go fine, and I proceeded
to the instructions to test it.  I downloaded test.ly
and followed the instructions.

A console was opened for a split-second, and displayed
the message
"['/bin/lily-wins.py','C:\\Documents','and','Settings\\brjaga\\Desktop\\test.ly']
Usage [-h,--help] lily-wins LY-FILE"

This console quickly disappeared and nothing else
happened. (i.e. no PDF file opened up.)  I also could
not find any file named test.log.

What did I do wrong?  (I'm assuming it was my fault,
since I'm relatively inexperienced with linux in
general, and especially with cygwin.)

Thanks for your time,

Brian Gainor