[Top][All Lists]

[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]

Re: lilypond 2.2.3 on Suse 9.1

From: Mats Bengtsson
Subject: Re: lilypond 2.2.3 on Suse 9.1
Date: Wed, 07 Jul 2004 12:52:41 +0200
User-agent: Mozilla/5.0 (X11; U; Linux i686; en-US; rv:1.7) Gecko/20040616

Thomas Scharkowski wrote:
Thomas Scharkowski wrote:

I guess that you basically did
make install

That's what I did.

I hope you logged in as root when you did 'make install',
otherwise you don't have any access rights in /usr/local/share/.

Yes, I was root.

I finally copied the missing scm directory (from the extracted package) to

Now lilypond works! I did not think it was that easy, but there is still one problem left:

The dvi and ps/pdf output looks somewhat strange; it is stretched horizontally and some font assignments are confused e.g. I get a wrong clef (c clef instead of g) an so on. Perhaps I can easily change this behaviour by editing /copying a font map manually?

No, no! It should work correctly as soon as the compilation and
installation has been completed correctly.

Please rerun 'make install' and check for any warnings or error
messages. I cannot understand why make install didn't put the scm/
files in the right place and there be more missing directories or
files due to the same installation problem.

The wrong clef may also be an indication that you have some old
font files left from an earlier installation, see the paragraph
on Font Problems in INSTALL.txt. Also, I hope you have made sure
that the contents of buildscripts/out/lilypond-profile is read
when you start a new shell. In the standard installations, that's
done by copying the file to /etc/profile.d/


reply via email to

[Prev in Thread] Current Thread [Next in Thread]