Re: need to lower guitar pitch by a scale octave for midi output

From: Jan Kohnert
Subject: Re: need to lower guitar pitch by a scale octave for midi output
Date: Tue, 13 Jul 2004 09:25:14 +0200

Am Dienstag 13 Juli 2004 06:26 schrieb Patrick Stanistreet:
> I wrote in an earlier note that I am converting my 1.6.10 lily files
> to 2.2.0 and for the most part it is working.  The code that I was
> using to lower the midi pitch of the guitar an octave does not
> seem to be working,
> Here is the convert-ly output
>
>      \set Staff.midiInstrument = #"acoustic guitar (nylon)"
>      \set Staff.instrument = "guitar"
>      \set Staff.transposing = -12
>
> Lily doesnt like the above code though, so I would like to know how
> to get the  pitch lowered.

Why don't you use
\clef "treble_8"
in your guitar parts. Then you have a "real" guitar score and you can specify
the notes one octave lower. It would surely be too much work to change this
in your previous files but for future work, if ou like this one.

> Thanks

Your welcome :-)

Best regards Jan

--
OpenPGP public key available:
http://home.arcor.de/jan.kohnert/gnupg_publickey.asc

Key-Fingerprint:
BA8E 11D1 FE7C 9353 7276 5375 486E 9BED 2B03 DF29