Percussion and bars rest problem

From: Ralph Little
Subject: Percussion and bars rest problem
Date: Fri, 16 Jul 2004 10:09:54 +0100

Hi,
Can anybody help with this problem with percussion and bars rest?
I am trying to use the short-hand multi-voice \\ syntax and it seems to break
after bars rest.

A small example:

\version "2.2.1"
\score {
    \drums \new DrumStaff <<
        \time 2/2
        \context DrumVoice="1"{s1*2}
        \context DrumVoice="2"{s1*2}
        {
            bassdrum4 r4 sidestick4 r4
            R1
            r4 r8 sidestick16 ss ss8 ss4 ss8
            <<
                {hh8 hh hh hh ~ hh hh hh hh} \\
                {bd4. bd8 ss4 r8 bd8}

The DrumVoices seem to disappear.
If I try to reinstate the drum voices with the 2 context definitions as at the
start, after the bars rest, then I get a couple of empty bars because of the
skips and the source gets really messy.

\version "2.2.1"
\score {
    \drums \new DrumStaff <<
        \time 2/2
        \context DrumVoice="1"{s1*2}
        \context DrumVoice="2"{s1*2}
        {
            bassdrum4 r4 sidestick4 r4
            R1
            <<
                \context DrumVoice="1"{s1*2}
                \context DrumVoice="2"{s1*2}
                {r4 r8 sidestick16 ss ss8 ss4 ss8}

            <<
                {hh8 hh hh hh ~ hh hh hh hh} \\
                {bd4. bd8 ss4 r8 bd8}

I've tussled with this for some time.
Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Regards,
Ralph

---------
Tribal Data Solutions has moved, please visit our website for more details
http://www.tribaldata.co.uk.
This e-mail and any attachments are confidential and are sent on the basis of
our copyright, e-mail and security policy which can be inspected by visiting
http://www.tribaldata.co.uk/policies.asp.
If you are not the intended recipient, please notify the sender and delete this
message. Thank you.