Re: Natural signs in accidentals

From: Mats Bengtsson
Subject: Re: Natural signs in accidentals
Date: Fri, 13 Aug 2004 10:17:18 +0200

It is actually in the documentation. At the bottom of the section on
Accidentals, you can find links to the Program reference of the
Accidental_engraver. In the list of properties, you can find a
property called extraNatural that handles exactly this issue.
So, just add

  \set Staff.extraNatural = ##f ges1

   /Mats

Benjamin Esham wrote:
Maybe this is addressed in the documentation, but I didn't see it anywhere,
so I'm asking here.—Anyway, consider this music snippet:

  \key a \major    % three sharps: F#, C#, G#
  ges'1

The G-flat is displayed with two accidentals: a natural (which I assume is
supposed to cancel the sharp in the key signature), and then the flat.  I'm
wondering if there's any way to prevent the first natural from displaying.

I realize that American concert band music may not be the pinnacle of
beautifully-engraved music :-P, but I'd still like to get rid of that natural.
Is there any way to do that?  Thanks.

        Mats Bengtsson
        Signal Processing
        Signals, Sensors and Systems