Re: page break woes, ties, and more

From: Mats Bengtsson
Subject: Re: page break woes, ties, and more
Date: Mon, 30 Aug 2004 10:05:03 +0200

Graham Percival wrote:
On 29-Aug-04, at 11:53 AM, Robinson P. Tryon 03 wrote:

Is this a common problem? Is "\newpage" a suggestion to lilypond/TeX that does
not necessarily need to be followed?

It's a bug.  I'm not certain if it's been fixed in the devel version yet
or not.

Is there something like \noBreak for \newpage ?  (\noNewpage ?)

Yes.  For the devel version,
http://www.lilypond.org/doc/v2.3/Documentation/user/out-www/lilypond/ Page-breaking.html

I'm pretty certain that it exists for the 2.2 stream as well, but I  don't
have that manual bookmarked. It should be easy for you to find the relevant
section of the manual, though.  :)

It would be fairly hard to do in version 2.2.x or earlier, since those
typesetting decisions are made by LaTeX. The only thing that might
prevent a page break, could be to use inline LaTeX code to increase
the "text height" of the current page:
c4^"\\enlargethispage{5mm}"

I tried to put some italic and bold text in the "Header" section, but that didn't seem to work.

Up to version 2.2.x, the titling layout can be modified by adding
LaTeX commands. Just remember to escape each backslash by an extra
backslash:

\header{
  title = "\\textit{Title in italics}"
  subtitle = "\\textbf{Subtitle in boldface}"
}

   /Mats