Re: changing time signature

From: Mats Bengtsson
Subject: Re: changing time signature
Date: Mon, 06 Sep 2004 18:01:07 +0200

Jean-marc LEGRAND wrote:

Hi list, ands thanks again for your support !

My new problem is with time signature changes. Here's my .ly, with lily2.0.1 on
XP :

\version "2.0.1"
\score      {
      \notes {
            \time 2/2
            {
a'1
a1
\once \property Score.timing = ##f
a\breve
\bar "||"
\time 3/4
a2.
a2.
\bar "|."
\paper {}
\header {}
}

The pb is that after the \breve and \bar "||", it seems that "automatic
barnlining" is off. I have
next 2 dotted half notes without barline between.

I'm not sure exactly how \once works in this context. I would
rather try to set and then reset the property explicitly:

\property Score.timing = ##f
a\breve
\bar "||"
\property Score.timing = ##t
\time 3/4

Another possibility is to fool LilyPond into thinking that the
a\breve only lasts for a bar by saying a\breve*1/2 The printout
will still be correct.

   /Mats