Re: grace plus repeat ending bug?

From: Erik Sandberg
Subject: Re: grace plus repeat ending bug?
Date: Mon, 6 Sep 2004 21:59:55 +0200

On Monday 06 September 2004 16.35, Kieren Richard MacMillan wrote:
> [ Mac OS X 10.3.5; Lilypond 2.3.13 via Fink]
>
> Hello, all!
>
> Just wondering if this is a bug, or if I'm doing something wrong...
>
> NOTE: The "unexpected thing" only happens when the global stuff and the
> notes are split into two blocks; when the volta definition is in the
> same block as the grace notes, it works as advertised.

I guess it's the same grace problem as usual. My lily cvs is broken right now;
so I can't try this, but it should work:

> ____________________
>
> \version "2.3.12"
> #(set-global-staff-size 19)
>
> theNotes =
> \context Voice \relative c'
> {
>      c4 c c c
>      \grace { e16[^( d] } <c>1)
>      \grace { a16[^( b] } <c>1)
> }
>
> globalStuff =
> {
>      \repeat "volta" 2 { s4*4 }
Change
>      \alternative { { s4*4 } { s4*4 } }
        \alternative { {\grace s8 s4*4 } {\grace s8 s4*4} }

currently the grace notes sometimes count as starting before the beginning of
the measure, that's why you have to do this.

Erik