The origin of the name lilypond

From: dax2
Subject: The origin of the name lilypond
Date: Wed, 8 Sep 2004 10:54:39 +0200

   Some days ago I read something interesting (and/or amusing)
about the origin of the name Lilypond.

   What was the idea behind the name Lilypond?

   Where can I read the (surprising?) story?

   Would you add it to the preface (Documentation)?

   I think it was in the docs for Lilypond but I cannot seem
to find it though I have been searching for two hours:

----
Google, http://lilypond.org/

http://2003.rencontresmondiales.org/program/view_topic.php?topic_id=16

mudela->LilyPond ./Documentation/misc/CHANGES-1.3

etc. etc. ...
----

The reason for the choice of the name was beautiful and
a little surprising: Lilypond was a place of peace? But I
cannot find the reference.

Thank you for the beautiful documentation - which has been
improved a lot since I started with lilypond-1.6.

   Regards

   Donald Axel

--
dax2-tele2adsl:dk -- d-axel.dk/  Donald Axel