Re: Umlaut

From: Mats Bengtsson
Subject: Re: Umlaut
Date: Wed, 8 Sep 2004 12:11:45 +0200

I just tried
\set Staff.instrument = \markup { "2 Flöten" }
on version 2.2.x and it works excellently.

What version did you try? Also, if you are on Windows or Mac,
make sure that your text editor uses Latin1 encoding when saving
the file.

If you want to use TeX commands instead, you can use more or
less anything that works in TeX/LaTeX, as long as you remember
to replace each single backslash with a double backslash (as
least as long as you use version 2.2.x or earlier), so
Fl\\"oten should work well.

If you run version 2.3.x, then the answer will be different.

  /Mats