Re: question about LilyPond

From: Mats Bengtsson
Subject: Re: question about LilyPond
Date: Tue, 14 Sep 2004 10:45:25 +0200

Normally, there's no reason to choose anything older than the
default suggested in Cygwin. However, if you intend to typeset
any music with metronome indications in it, you should avoid
version 2.2.5, which happened to have a bug.

Unfortunately, on Win98, you have to face another problem that's
out of the hands of LilyPond, namely that the python package in
Cygwin is broken. Based on what has been reported recently on the
mailing list, it is still possible to run LilyPond but you will have
to click away a few error messages every time you run the program.

   /Mats

Heather Pierson wrote:
Hello,

I am not sure which version of LilyPond to download.  I have Windows 98 OS.
Thanks.

_______________________

Heather Pierson
Vessel Recordings