Re: Is it possible to use colors ?

From: Mats Bengtsson
Subject: Re: Is it possible to use colors ?
Date: Wed, 15 Sep 2004 10:14:45 +0200

For notes, see
http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/lilypond-user/2004-04/msg00040.html

For lyrics, you can fix it (at least up to version 2.2.x) using
something like:

\header{
  latexpackages = "color"
}

\lyrics{ "\\color{red}Red" "\\color{green}Green"  ...

The problem is that it's tedious to enter and also it messes up
the lyrics placement, since LilyPond thinks that the LaTeX commands
require some space. Again, it shouldn't be hard to implement better
support in LilyPond if someone has the time to do it.

   /Mats

Rob van den Berg wrote:
Hi all,

Is it possible to print notes and or lyrics using color ?
I teach piano and keyboard, and 2 of my students are handicapped. They are used to using colors along side traditional music notation. Please have a look at http://www.jostiband.nl/NL/NLKN.HTM It's in dutch, but there are several pictures which show you what I mean.

Kind regards,

Rob

        Mats Bengtsson
        Signal Processing