Re:

From: Mats Bengtsson
Subject: Re:
Date: Mon, 20 Sep 2004 14:26:03 +0200

In your previous email, you didn't even say that you got the
error "command not found", which made if very hard to provide
any constructive help.
It seems that you have not managed to install the lilypond
package. Please rerun setup.exe and make sure to follow the
instructions at
http://lilypond.org/web/download/windows.html
when you reach the "Select Packages" page of the installation
procedure. If you run it today, the line for the lilypond
package should say 2.2.5-1 in the column marked New, (or
in the column marked Current if you already have the program
installed, in that case, I would recommend to select "Reinstall"
under New).

However, it seems that you also have some general cygwin problem,
since your home directory wasn't created. You might get such
problems if you have set some environment variables in Windows,
especially if you have set $HOME. For general questions
on cygwin, I really recommend the information and mailing lists
at www.cygin.com, but since LilyPond is the reason you installed
cygwin in the first place, you could also try to use the competence
if the current mailing list.

   /Mats

David wrote:
In my original post.... i stated that i try and run the test.ly and all it does is open the bash shell and nothing eles. The I get nothing was a statement back to Matt. about placing the test.ly into /home/username folder. Nothing happend when i ran it except that the bash shell would open. nothing eles. I will post the whole msg again Obviouly something happend as to where you were only able to read half of it...

My original post....

Hello after installing this twice.. just to make sure i didnt miss anything... When i double click test.ly all it does is open the command window and im at the prompt bash-2.05b$ it doesnt generate a test.log file either it does nothing else. I downloaded it twice from two different ftps just to make sure i didnt get a bad package.. IM running windows xp home and im at a loss. Any help would be good

thank you

David

Mats Reply

What happens if you
- copy your test.ly file into C:\cygwin\home\<your login name>\
- Click on the Cygwin icon to get a bash prompt
- Run the command
lilypond test.ly
- If you get a test.pdf in your C:\cygwin\home\<your login name>\
  try to view it.

Please followup to the mailing list.

   /Mats

My reply following that.

when i run lilypond test.ly  I get the error Lilypond: command not found

As i have stated before.. I have installed twice from two different ftps just to make sure i didnt get bad package. And it does appear that i Recived the whole package

Again.. any help will be appreiated

----- Original Message ----- From: "Alois Steindl" <address@hidden>