RE: Réf. : Re: two questions

From: Ralph Little
Subject: RE: Réf. : Re: two questions
Date: Fri, 15 Oct 2004 14:13:26 +0100

Hi,
I think that Michiel intended to have a set of repeating themes in his score
taken from two notes blocks.
He was using \relative in the score instead of where he was defining the notes
in the notes block, so the relative was not actually working in the way he
expected.

He wrote:

------8<------8<------8<------8<---
when I create a part like this

foo = \notes
{
    c4 d e f g a b c r4
}

bar = \notes
{
    e4 b c d a g
}

and then reuse those parts like this

\relative c''
{
    \foo
    \bar
    \foo
    \bar
    \foo
    \bar
}

The music shifts up one octave (quite logically)
I "fixed" it so far with \octave c'' wherever it would go wrong...
------8<------8<------8<------8<---

By shifing the \relative to the notes blocks, I expected this to solve his
problem, but it did not work in the way I expected and I can't see why.
If it works for others fine, then I guess I have been messing with my reference
Lilypond installation too much... :(

Regards,
Ralph

address@hidden
www.tribaldata.co.uk
...or see what I do in my spare time:
www.skelmanthorpeband.org

"Man who shoot off mouth... expect to lose face."