Seems to be still "only" a font problem ; -) Was Re: lilypond-snapshot

From: Roland Goretzki
Subject: Seems to be still "only" a font problem ; -) Was Re: lilypond-snapshot
Date: Sat, 16 Oct 2004 16:53:31 +0200

Hello list, hello Pedro,

You wrote:

> Roland Goretzki <address@hidden> writes:
> > produces an error-message, saying, the version would be incorrect.
>
> could you send the lilypond file? AFAIK this list doesn't allow
> attachments, but you can paste the code in an email.

Excuse me, there was a little mistake on my side:
The lilypond file did read in another file, containing some definitions
from myself, and this other file had to be updated with
convert-ly-snapshot, too.

After updating this file, lilypond-snapshot seems to work correct, but
there is some trouble with fonts.

Meanwhile i did update a lot of programs around this (e.g.
    tetex-bin
    libkpathsea-perl
    libkpathsea3
    gsfonts
    gsfonts-x11
    libnet-perl
    perl-modules
    libhtml-parser-perl
    libwww-perl
    perl
    perl-base
    libcfitsio2
    libastro-fits-cfitsio-perl
), but the font-problem remains:

Perhaps there are still two problems,
one with resolution and
another with feta-braces-e.

Here are the concerning lines of the text output from lilypond-snapshot:

    kpathsea: Running mktexpk --mfmode ljfour --bdpi 8000 --mag 1+0/8000 --dpi
8000 ecrm0900
    mktexpk: Mismatched mode ljfour and resolution 8000; ignoring mode.
    mktexpk: Can't guess mode for 8000 dpi devices.
    mktexpk: Use a config file, or update me.
    kpathsea: Appending font creation commands to missfont.log.
    dvips: Font ecrm0900 at 8000 not found; scaling 600 instead.
    dvips: Such scaling will generate extremely poor output.
    kpathsea: Running mktexpk --mfmode ljfour --bdpi 8000 --mag 1+0/8000 --dpi
8000 feta-braces-e
    mktexpk: Mismatched mode ljfour and resolution 8000; ignoring mode.
    mktexpk: Can't guess mode for 8000 dpi devices.
    mktexpk: Use a config file, or update me.
    dvips: Font feta-braces-e not found, characters will be left blank.

How can we solve this problem, too?

Thanks and Best Regards           Roland