Vertical Spacing revisited

From: Peter B. Steiger
Subject: Vertical Spacing revisited
Date: Mon, 18 Oct 2004 09:49:30 -0600

I finished that SATB score I was keying in last week when I said I had
trouble getting the vertical spacing to work correctly, and now I see
the problem.  It looks like Lilypond (2.3.11) is dividing total systems
by number of pages to try to force an equal number of systems per
page... so when I had four systems (combined treble + bass clefs) it put
two on each page; now that I have six it puts three on each page.

How can I change this behavior so it fits the maximum possible (per my
Staff.verticalExtent values) on the first and subsequent pages, and just
leaves the last page blank after the last line of music?

I downloaded 2.3.22 last night, but I was getting all kinds of errors
relating to pcm files.  Probably my own mistake installing it, but
that's a subject for another email.

-------
Peter B. Steiger
Cheyenne, WY