Re: Help wanted: editor web-page!

From: Chip
Subject: Re: Help wanted: editor web-page!
Date: Sun, 31 Oct 2004 20:56:40 -0800

Han-Wen Nienhuys wrote:
address@hidden writes:

Is there a specific style sheet to use

   newweb/colors.css
   newweb/newweb.css

(I would assume there would be one so the page matches the existing
lilypond web site)? How would the completed page be handled (sent as a
zipped file to a particular person, or would this person be given ftp
access to a server?)?

The lilypond website is in CVS module newweb, have a look

   cvs -d :ext:address@hidden:/cvsroot/lilypond co newweb

Until you have CVS write access, a CVS diff would be best.

Jan.

I have no idea how cvs works. That's one area I just have not explored.

Once we have the content (ie.: the text and the pictures), we can
figure out how to lay it out and integrate it into the website.  We
know how to do it, but we're looking for someone to review the
utilities, write the text, and gather links and pictures.

I'd say: just go ahead!

Being that the content does not yet exist and I would have to compile it from various sources, I will not have the time to devote to this project. If the content was already compiled and in need of being put into web format, that I could take the time to do. I just don't have the time to devote to compiling the information requested. As much as I would lie to help, I'm afraid that this is not the project that I can help with. Hopefully someone else will have the time to devote to the collection of the information needed to complete this project.
Regards,
Chip W