Re: Adding text above the time signature and at the end of a part

From: Roland Goretzki
Subject: Re: Adding text above the time signature and at the end of a part
Date: Fri, 5 Nov 2004 19:52:56 +0100

Hello list, hello James,

You wrote:

> Two questions:
>
> 1.  How do you add text above the time signature (or somewhere close)?  I've
> seen the a4^"This is text" syntax, but I'd like to add text before the first
> note.  (The music I'm looking at has things like "Moderately slow", "slow
> gospel," "not too slowly" written there.)

Here I send You two possibilities:

    1. You can do it like You explained above and putting
       the following line before the note:

       \once\override TextScript #'extra-offset = #'(-6.5 . 8)

       (where the number left of the dot shifts horizontally and the
       number right of the dot shifts vertically)

    2. You can put a new line into the header section:

       piece    =       "slow gospel"

> 2.  How do you add text at the end of a part ("D.C. al coda")?
> Probably the same question as #1.

With the first possibility, yes. :)

Best Regards           Roland

PS:     In the hope, You are using a version >= 2.0.0, otherwise the
        syntax could be a little bit different.