Re: Page breaks in 2.4 using \book

From: Karl Hammar
Subject: Re: Page breaks in 2.4 using \book
Date: Sat, 06 Nov 2004 11:49:46 +0100

Walter Hofmeister <address@hidden> wrote:

> Hello,
>     I'm enjoying version 2.4 on Mac OS X. I am making some variations of an
> exercise and would like to spread it out over two pages. I am not quite
> happy with how it comes out and would like to insert a page break. Nothing I
> seem to do has the desired effect. Reading the manual leads me to believe
> that I need to place a \pageBreak command in the note data. Does this change
> when one is using several \score sections within a \book block? If so where
> should the command go? My file looks like this:

I got the same problem when I made Thomas Morleys "The service for the
burial of the dead".

It seems that you have to have the \pageBreak within the notes.
When I combined the multiple scores, I got key reset and a clef last on
the page and \header { piece = "" } got lost.

Finally I resorted to lilypond-book.
The result is in (11kB):
 http://turkos.aspodata.se/motett/ThomasMorley.tgz

Within that tgz:
 choir.ly  is my first attempt similar to yours
 all.lytex is what I ended up with (some background text is in Swedish)
 [a-g].ly  are the parts, the notes and the lyrics, like your variation 1 and 2
 [A-G].ly  are the parts, the score
 layout.ly is papersize and common stuff
 Makefile  yes, there is a makefile also
 H.ly      is a wild guess to make it look like the original

Regards
/Karl