Re: Making a fake half note

From: Benjamin Esham
Subject: Re: Making a fake half note
Date: Mon, 8 Nov 2004 21:54:37 -0500

On Nov 8, 2004, at 5:05 AM, Mats Bengtsson wrote:

This feature is now described in a subsection of the manual called
"Scaling durations". Can you propose some change to the documentation
that makes it easier to find this useful trick? (Of course, there
are hundreds of different small tricks that may be just as useful in
other occasions and also deserve a nice place in the manual).

To be honest, I didn't really look at the documentation-- I saw a file on Mutopia (Chopin's Prelude No. 15) which had a "fake" half note, and looked at the source for that file. (I couldn't just steal that code because I wanted the half note near
the end of the measure.)

Anyway, the best thing I can think of is to insert a reference to this trick in the "Tips and Tricks" section of the docs. That's where I'd be most likely to look if
I didn't already have an example.

--
Benjamin D. Esham      {      http://bdesham.net
address@hidden      }      AIM: bdesham 1 2 8