Re: ec-fonts-mftraced

From: Victor S. Miller
Subject: Re: ec-fonts-mftraced
Date: Tue, 09 Nov 2004 20:59:26 -0500

>>>>> "Mats" == Mats Bengtsson <address@hidden> writes:

Mats> Just to avoid that others get confused by your answer, I guess
Mats> we should clarify that you source the lilypond-profile file
Mats> after this line!(?)

Yes, I do

Mats> You mentioned in an earlier email that the TEXMF variable (after
Mats> sourcing lilypond-profile) was
Mats>
{/usr/local/coop/share/lilypond/2.4.0,{!!/u/victor/texmf,!!/usr/local/share/texmf,!!/usr/share/texmf}}
Mats> which seems to indicate that /u/victor/texmf (= $HOME/texmf ?)
Mats> was already included by default in your teTeX installation. Are
Mats> you sure that it really is necessary to redefine TEXMF? It's
Mats> always best if you don't have to play these tricks yourself.

I definitely agree, but it DIDN'T work until I did this.  I couldn't
find the documentation of what the value of $TEXMF means.  What are
the !! for?  In any case, until I gave that definition, things didn't
work.  For example kpsewhich ecrb10.pfa

gave nothing (i.e. a blank line), until I set TEXMF.