Re: T1 encoding and feta20.afm error

From: Albert Einstein
Subject: Re: T1 encoding and feta20.afm error
Date: Wed, 17 Nov 2004 20:47:13 +0100

My profile file wasn't overwritten -- is has date 5 November and today is 17. I've check also export TEXMF='{/usr/share/lilypond/2.4.2,/usr/share/texmf}' in home\admin\.bshrc -- nothing changes.

Albert

Mats Bengtsson wrote:

This should definitely not be necessary. As described in some
earlier emails in the mailing list, you may have play some
tricks with the TEXMF variable if you already have TeXLive
or some other TeX installation in Windows that sets the
environment variable. However, in that case it is better
to just clear the variable in the startup scripts for cygwin
and let the ordinary cygwin mechanisms set the variable correct.

From the log in the original mail, the line
TEXMF={/usr/share/lilypond/2.2.5,}
indicates that something is wrong related to this variable, before
the lilypond related setup file adds its setting.
The first thing I would check is if the changes you have made earlier
to /etc/profile/ still remain, or if they have been overwritten when
you rerun setup.exe.

   /Mats

James Moore wrote:

I had a similar problem when I upgraded to 2.4 lilypond under cygwin.
Turned out that there was an environment variable problem. I added this to
my .bashrc file:

export TEXMF='{/usr/share/lilypond/2.4.2,/usr/share/texmf}'

and lilypond was happy.

Interestingly, lilypond worked just fine when I ran a plain bash shell
without X.  I only saw the problem when I ran lilypond in a xterm.
 - James

unset TEXMF
unset TEXMFCNF
unset TEXMFTEMP
# base-files version 3.0-3

# Some resources...

# Customizing Your Shell: http://www.dsl.org/cookbook/cookbook_5.html#SEC69
# Consistent BackSpace and Delete Configuration:
#   http://www.ibb.net/~anne/keyboard.html
# The Linux Documentation Project: http://www.tldp.org/
# The Limux Cookbook: http://www.tldp.org/LDP/linuxcookbook/html/

# Setup some default paths.  Note that this order will allow user installed
#  software to override 'system' software

# If you wish to change the path for all users, it is recommended you edit
#  /etc/bash.bashrc

# If you wish all future users to have some default setup, it is recommended you
#  edit /etc/skel/.bashrc

# If you wish to change the path on a user by user basis, it is recommended you
#  edit ~/.bashrc

PATH="/usr/local/bin:/usr/bin:/bin:/usr/X11R6/bin:$PATH"
export PATH

MANPATH="/usr/local/man:/usr/man:/usr/share/man:/usr/autotool/devel/man:$MANPATH"
export MANPATH

INFOPATH="/usr/local/info:/usr/info:/usr/share/info:/usr/autotool/devel/info:/usr/autotool/stable/info:$INFOPATH"
export INFOPATH

# Set the user id
USER="`id -un`"
export USER

# Here is how HOME is set, in order of priority, when starting from Windows
#  1) From existing HOME in the Windows environment, translated to a Posix path
#  2) from /etc/passwd, if there is an entry with a non empty directory field
#  3) from HOMEDRIVE/HOMEPATH
#  4) / (root)

# If the home directory doesn't exist, create it.
if [ ! -d "$HOME" ]; then
        mkdir -p "$HOME"
        echo "Copying skeleton files."
        echo "These files are for the user to personalise"
        echo "their cygwin experience."
        echo
        echo "These will never be overwritten."
        echo
        cd /etc/skel
        /bin/find . -type f | while read f; do
                fDest=`echo $f | sed -e 's/^\.//g'`
                if [ ! -e "$HOME$fDest" -a ! -L "$HOME$fDest" ]; then
                        /usr/bin/install -D -p -v "${f}" "${HOME}/${fDest}"
                fi
        done
fi

# Run all of the profile.d scripts
# Note that these are supplied by separate packages
# Ascending alphanumerical order enforced
if [ -d "/etc/profile.d" ]; then
        while read f; do
                if [ -f "$f" ]; then
                        . "$f"
                fi
        done <<- EOF
        `/bin/find /etc/profile.d -iname '*.sh' -type f | sort`
        EOF
fi

# Default to unix make mode
MAKE_MODE=unix
export MAKE_MODE

# It is recommended that cvs uses ssh for it's remote shell environment
CVS_RSH=/bin/ssh
export CVS_RSH

# Patches to Cygwin always appreciated ;)
# CVSROOT=:pserver:address@hidden:/cvs/src
# export CVSROOT

# Shell dependent settings
case "`echo "$0" | /usr/bin/tr [:upper:] [:lower:]`" in
bash     | -bash     | */bash | \
bash.exe | -bash.exe | */bash.exe )
        # Set a HOSTNAME variable
        HOSTNAME=`hostname`
        export HOSTNAME

        # Set a default prompt of: address@hidden and current_directory
        PS1='\[\033]0;\w\007
address@hidden \[\033[33m\w\033[0m\]
$ '

        if tty --quiet ; then
                stty erase '^?'
        fi
        ;;
ksh*     | -ksh*     | */ksh* | \
ksh*.exe | -ksh*.exe | */ksh*.exe )
        # Set a HOSTNAME variable
        typeset -l HOSTNAME

        # Set a default prompt of: address@hidden and current_directory
        PS1='^[]0;${PWD}^G
address@hidden ^[[33m${PWD}^[[0m
$ '
        ;;
sh     | -sh     | */sh | \
sh.exe | -sh.exe | */sh.exe )
        # Set a simple prompt
        PS1='$ '
        ;;
* )
        # Sorry, this shell has no defaults in /etc/profile,
        #  feel free to add your own.

        # If you have some recommendations for what these defaults
        #  should be, please contact address@hidden with the
        #  shell details and what you would like added.

        # Thanks

        PS1='$ '
        ;;
esac

export PS1

# Uncomment to use the terminal colours set in DIR_COLOR
# eval `dircolors -b /etc/DIR_COLORS`

# Default to removing the write permission for group and other
#  (files normally created with mode 777 become 755; files created with
#  mode 666 become 644)
umask 022

# Define default printer
PRINTER=""
case "`uname -s`" in
CYGWIN_NT-*)
        PRINTER="`regtool -q get '\user\Software\Microsoft\Windows
NT\CurrentVersion\Windows\Device' | sed 's/,.*$//'`"
        ;;
CYGWIN_9?-*)
        PRINTER="`regtool -q get
'\config\System\CurrentControlSet\Control\Print\Printers\Default'`"
        ;;
esac
export PRINTER

# Make sure we start in home
cd "$HOME"

# Check to see if mkpasswd/mkgroup needs to be run try and cut down the emails
#   about this on the lists!
# If this message keeps appearing and you are sure it's a mistake (ie, don't
#   email about it!), comment out the test below.
case "`id -ng`" in
mkpasswd )
  echo "Your group is currently \"mkpasswd\".  This indicates that"
  echo "the /etc/passwd (and possibly /etc/group) files should be rebuilt."
  echo "See the man pages for mkpasswd and mkgroup then, for example, run"
  echo "mkpasswd -l [-d] > /etc/passwd"
  echo "mkgroup  -l [-d] > /etc/group"
  echo "Note that the -d switch is necessary for domain users."
  ;;

mkgroup )
  echo "Your group is currently \"mkgroup\".  This indicates that"
  echo "the /etc/group (and possibly /etc/passwd) files should be rebuilt."
  echo "See the man pages for mkpasswd and mkgroup then, for example, run"
  echo "mkpasswd -l [-d] > /etc/passwd"
  echo "mkgroup  -l [-d] > /etc/group"
  echo "Note that the -d switch is necessary for domain users."
  ;;

mkgroup_l_d )
  echo "Your group name is currently \"mkgroup_l_d\". This indicates that not"
  echo "all domain users and groups are listed in the /etc/passwd and"
  echo "/etc/group files."
  echo "See the man pages for mkpasswd and mkgroup then, for example, run"
  echo "mkpasswd -l -d > /etc/passwd"
  echo "mkgroup  -l -d > /etc/group"
  echo
  echo "This message is only displayed once (unless you recreate /etc/group)"
  echo "and can be safely ignored."

  # only display the above once
  cp -f /etc/group ~/group.mkgroup_l_d \
  && ( [ -w /etc/group ] || chmod --silent a+w /etc/group ; )\
  && sed -e 's/^mkgroup_l_d/mkgroup-l-d/' ~/group.mkgroup_l_d > /etc/group \
  && chmod --silent --reference=/etc/passwd /etc/group
  rm -f ~/group.mkgroup_l_d
  ;;
esac