European Characters in Lyrics

From: Rob V
Subject: European Characters in Lyrics
Date: Thu, 18 Nov 2004 22:19:11 -0500

I got the Lilypond 2.4.2 for Cygwin working.  Thanks Bertalan.  Adding both
mirror sites and downloading some more files fixed it.

After updating my files to 2.4.2, I noticed that all the syllables with
European characters were shifted a little to the left.  They were entered like
"tie\\v{z}".  I found one email on the mail-archive that European characters
can be entered in directly.  The ones in the example, ß, ü, ä, ö, ç, worked
fine.  But I need characters like Č, č, Ď, ď, Ň,
ň, Š, š, ä, é, and í.  I got these characters into my text file as Unicode
text, because some don’t seem to exist in the ASCII encoding.  When I save my
file in Unicode format, Lilypond ignores the file.  When I save it in ASCII
format, I can’t get these characters.

How can I get these characters in my lyrics and have them line up correctly?

Rob

Sign-up for Ads Free at Mail.com
http://promo.mail.com/adsfreejump.htm