Re: Nested StaffGroups

From: Aaron Dalton
Subject: Re: Nested StaffGroups
Date: Fri, 19 Nov 2004 22:50:16 -0700

Ruud van Silfhout wrote:
Hi Aaron,

In the user manual is a section on orchestral scores. Using that I made the following example. Can this be of any help to you?

Ruud

Thank you very much, Ruud! That cleared up a few misunderstandings I was having about syntax.

On that subject, I have never used Scheme in my life. Is the Lilypond syntax closely tied to Scheme syntax? Would I understand better how to write Lilypond scores if I knew Scheme? I'm just finding it difficult to know where to put << >> for example as opposed to { } and other piddly things like that. Is there a section of documentation somewhere that goes over the intimate details of Lilypond syntax?

Thanks again for your time and assistance.
Cheers!
Aaron