Bug in "SustainPedal" ?

From: Gilles
Subject: Bug in "SustainPedal" ?
Date: Wed, 24 Nov 2004 23:00:14 +0100

Hi.

I use version 2.2.6.

I need the "sustain pedal" annotation, not on a piano double staff, but
for a single staff (vibraphone).

As I indicated in a previous mail, the default position of the annotation
makes it clash with other symbols (dynamics, triolets).  As suggested, I
tried the following:

  \override SustainPedal #'extra-offset = #'(-1 . -2)

To no avail: the sustain line doesn't move, whatever the numbers.

Also, when there are sustain markings on the score, the short
instrument name ("Staff.instr") is not centered correctly: instead
of being at mid-height of the staff, it seems to be centered with
respect to the total height between the sustain line and the top
line of the staff.

Best regards,
Gilles