Re: Glissando

From: Brett Duncan
Subject: Re: Glissando
Date: Sat, 04 Dec 2004 08:50:39 +1100

Mats Bengtsson wrote:
You didn't manage to convert the first markup to the correct syntax.

glisslinescript = \markup{
"\\embeddedps{ 0.2 setlinewidth 1 6 moveto 3 -8 lineto stroke}" \halign #1 { \italic gliss. } }

Also, to use these definitions, you have to specify to LilyPond if you
want the markup above the note: d^\glisslinescript
or below: d_\glisslinescript
or if you want LilyPond itself to determine: d-\glisslinescript,
just as for all other text scripts.

However, I guess you will have to adjust the parameters in the
Postscript code to get what you want.

   /Mats

Thanks, Mats, it's working now - almost. I can get the gliss line to go where I want, but the text is way off to the right of where I need it to be, and I don't seem to be able to change it. How do I control the text position relative to the line?

Brett
Brett Duncan
address@hidden