Re: Installing on macosx 10.3

From: Chris Sawer
Subject: Re: Installing on macosx 10.3
Date: Fri, 10 Dec 2004 17:46:03 +0000

On 10 Dec 2004, at 16:13, andrea valle wrote:

I'm a bit surprised that I'm able to run lily only on windows...
If I type
lilypond -v
I only obtain:
lilypond: command not found.

That's strange as I installed fink with non errors. Or maybe am I missing something?

Your fink installation might not have been successfully completed. Start Terminal and type the following:

set | grep PATH

You should get a few lines printed out, one of which will start with PATH=

Mine looks as follows:
PATH=/sw/bin:/sw/sbin:/bin:/sbin:/usr/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/X11R6/bin

If /sw/bin and /sw/sbin do not appear in the list, then fink has not been installed correctly. It this case, try adding the following at the top of the .profile text file in your home directory (creating it if it doesn't exist):

. /sw/bin/init.sh

Once you've done this, start a new terminal window and try LilyPond again.

Chris

--

Chris Sawer - address@hidden - Mutopia team leader
Free sheet music for all at:  http://www.MutopiaProject.org/