Re: Volta brackets on different heights

From: Mats Bengtsson
Subject: Re: Volta brackets on different heights
Date: Mon, 03 Jan 2005 12:58:45 +0100

To quote an old answer I sent to the mailing list:

The trick is to increase the minimum-space property, which
determines the default minimum spacing between the bracket
and the stave. The default value is 5, so try something like
\override Score.VoltaBracket #'minimum-space = #7

  /Mats

Sven Axelsson wrote:
Hello List.

This question is for Lilypond 2.4.2.

I've recently started to use Lilypond for typesetting music for the Highland
Bagpipe, having used MusicTeX for many years before. The bagpipe specific
stuff is working fine - I started out with Andrew McNabb's definitions and
changed a lot of stuff to better suit my previous work.

One thing I'm encountering all the time now is that the volta brackets for
adjacent alternatives are put on different height. I would like to *always*
put the brackets at the same height by some magic in the \layout section I am
including in my bagpipe.ly file. I have tried this:

\layout {
  \context {
    \Score
    \override VoltaBracket #'padding = #3.0

with different numbers for the padding, but it has zero effect.

        Mats Bengtsson
        Signal Processing
        Signals, Sensors and Systems
        Royal Institute of Technology