Re: System start delimiters

From: Mats Bengtsson
Subject: Re: System start delimiters
Date: Mon, 24 Jan 2005 12:28:29 +0100

Your example works fine in the latest stable version, 2.4.3. It seems
that you have found a bug in the development version. I wouldn't
recommend the development version for any serious typesetting.
On the other hand, I would recommend you to report this bug and all
other bugs you find to the bug-lilypond mailing list.

   /Mats

Steve Dickinson wrote:
Hello,

I'm currently using Lilypond to typeset my assignments for my
instrumentation class.  My teacher would like to have a bracket
connecting the string staves and an additional brace connecting the
violin staves.  Right now, I can get both the bracket and the brace,
but I can't figure out how to get Lilypond to move the brace so that
both are visible.  Here's the relevant portion of the .ly file
(version 2.5.8) and the resulting .pdf file.  In the .pdf file, you
can see the very tip of the brace sticking out of the bracket.

\score {
    \new StaffGroup <<
        \new GrandStaff <<
            \new Staff { \global \violinOne }
            \new Staff { \global \violinTwo }

        \new Staff { \global \viola }
        \new Staff { \global \cello }

    \layout { }
}

I keep thinking that it's something really obvious, but I can't find
it in the archives or in the docs.  What am I missing?

        Mats Bengtsson
        Signal Processing
        Signals, Sensors and Systems
        Royal Institute of Technology