Lilypondtest failed

From: Oddmund Åvik
Subject: Lilypondtest failed
Date: Sun, 13 Feb 2005 18:08:12 +0100

I have installed version 2.2.5 in Mac OSX with Fink (I would like to
install 2.5 but haven't yet found out how...) and tested it as proposed
in "Getting started":

I started the texteditor vim and wrote:

\notes{
c4(c )
}
and saved it as test.ly.

Then I run lilypond test and got the answer:

/Users/oddmund/test.ly:1:5: error: parse error:
\note
          s{
/Users/oddmund/test.ly:2:4: warning: Braces don't match:
c4(
        c)
Failed files: test.ly
lilypond: error: LilyPond failed on input file test (exit status 1)
lilypond: warning: Running LilyPond failed. Rerun with --verbose for a
trace.

I'm new to this way of working (have used Igor Engraver) and cannot
find out what I have done wrong. Anybody knows?

Regards,
/Oddmund Åvik