Re: beams on melisma

From: Mats Bengtsson
Subject: Re: beams on melisma
Date: Tue, 01 Mar 2005 10:33:10 +0100

You must be mistaken. Beams are always added automatically in LilyPond
(unless you turn this feature off with  \set autoBeaming = ##f) and this
has nothing to do with \lyricsto (same for old versions of LilyPond).
See
http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.4/Documentation/user/out-www/lilypond/Automatic-beams.html#Automatic-beams
and
http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.4/Documentation/user/out-www/lilypond/Setting-automatic-beam-behavior.html#Setting-automatic-beam-behavior
for more information on how to specify what rhythmical patterns are
beamed by default.

   /Mats