Re: fresh install

From: Mats Bengtsson
Subject: Re: fresh install
Date: Mon, 07 Mar 2005 16:55:09 +0100

The INSTALL.txt and other files are found in Documentation/topdocs/
in the CVS tree.

I'm not sure if you can find RPMs of a sufficiently new version
of Guile, otherwise it's easy to compile it yourself (which
automatically gives you also all the libs and compile time stuff).

   /Mats

David Bobroff wrote:
As I noted a few days ago I have been getting ready to do a complete
update of my Linux installation.  I've just installed Fedora Core 3.
I've downloaded the LilyPond CVS source tree.  I went through the
compile instructions to see what all I needed and after
running ./autogen.sh I got:

ERROR: Please install required programs:  echo no guile-config >= 1.6.5
(installed: ) libguile (libguile-dev, guile-devel or guile-dev package).
fontforge

See INSTALL.txt for more information on how to build LilyPond
address@hidden lilypond]#

Now, I don't see any INSTALL.txt file in the top level of the CVS tree.
Can someone point me to where I would get the guile-config/libguile etc.
stuff?  I've looked around and have not found a likely suspect.  Is this
something I can find at lilypond.org?

Thanks,

David