Re: 'make all' failure

From: Ruth Ivimey-Cook
Subject: Re: 'make all' failure
Date: Mon, 07 Mar 2005 23:01:48 +0000

On Mon, 2005-03-07 at 19:43 +0000, David Bobroff wrote:

> I *do* have mftrace 1.1.4 installed and it *is* located
> at /usr/local/bin/mftrace.

You _are_ missing the tracing program. The error message is confusing;
mftrace is the running program, which is in turn looking for the tracing
program.

You need to find & install either "autotrace" or "potrace". I don't know
whether there is a significant difference in results between them.

If you go for "autotrace", as I did, you must also edit the Makefile to
remove "--potrace" from the "mftrace" command, otherwise you'll get
another confusing error.

Regards,
Ruth
--